There are clothes you wear to the party, and then, there are clothes that are the party - which is exactly how I'd describe Attico, a relatively new brand that has been making waves in the fashion world and in my closet. Only debuting in 2016, this fresh new vision from Gilda Ambrosio and Giorgia Tordini was donned in red carpets and street snaps by trendsetters who had a penchant for the 80s, you know, a wild blush of sequins, vibrant palettes and sharp mini-dresses that take you from the classic to the chic.
I don't know where the inspiration comes from. It could be from the Neapolitan-born Gilda, who worked previously as a designer and consultant, where we'd credit her bold and wild takes on style. Or the Milan-born Georgia, who strips overly-fussy clothes into a minimalist edit, having a clear eye for what's necessary to what's not. And, if you're asking about the name, Attico is Italian for penthouse, where philosophies range from extravagant, to a watered-down classics, all happening in a woman's secret hideout, where plans for world domination brews.
Who wears Attico? Let me name a few: newest and youngest self-made billionaire Kylie Jenner, queen Beyoncé, Margot Robbie, Katy Perry, and Emily Ratajkowski, among the many. That's just one of the reasons why you should invest in this brand's pieces. Another? Because these dresses, as Gilda says, were made for the sensual women. The duo's vision was a girl boss: smart, provocative, delightful in the eye and has a touch of whimsy. Soft silhouettes draping the body. Glimmers of glitters for that extra bling. Who doesn't want to shine in the crowd? I know, I do.
Among the things I love:
1. The velvet balloon sleeved mini-dress with soft blue and pink prints that emphasizes the shoulders. For a romantic date, finish off the look with crystal PVC pumps in pink by Midnight 00.
2. How about some sparkle? This lamé-striped voile mini dress preps you up for a party. Match it up with the equally fine napa-leather ankle boots from Saint Laurent. End the entire look with Miu Miu's velvet cross-body bag with a crystal-embellished plaque.
3. A more pronounced waist stars in this retro-glam pair of pants from Attico, which can be perfectly paired with another of our favourite look, the sequinned balloon top. Complete the minimalist look with Aquazurra's 85 Leather Sandals.
4. I adore the handcrafted gold-plated Venini crystal earrings, designed by Alican Icoz for Attico, which can be worn in swanky evenings. And the Witches of Eastwick inspired draped lurex mini dress which is nothing less than sexy. Plunging neckline, padded shoulders, perfect for those statement heels and sleek-back hair.
5. Trench coat. In leather. How could you not love it, especially its neutral colours and notched lapels? Not only does it hit all the check marks in the style category, but this elegant piece, complete with a relaxed fit and waist cinch, is worth the investment.
6. Accessories and shoes? Look no further. Attico's ostrich feather pouch will spark joy to your every outfit. Finish off the romantic look with this pair of velvety ballerinas in leather soles. If you're into more fun colours, check out Attico's strap mules in bright pink.
Attico is available on Moda Operandi, Net-a-Porter, Matches Fashion, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Bergdorf Goodman.